Author Topic: Where is the line on censorship?  (Read 539 times)

Giuliano Taverna

• Dominus et deus
  • Cives
    • View Profile
Where is the line on censorship?
« on: May 05, 2009, 10:16:45 pm »
I've been thinking about it, and the equation of a group, to a criminal behavior, is biased, but it also sets up a precedent for pointless accusations.

So bassically I am putting this out there.

Lets assume the following premise. Something isn't politically correct, if its wrong to say about any group. So with that premise in mind.

White ____ robs bank

Rich ___ embezzles money

Retarded ___ exposes himself in public

Are these statements inappropriate, and should they be subject to moderation on this forum. What do you think and why?

As of right now, I am divided on this matter.
"It is the duty of a good shepherd to shear his sheep, not to skin them." Tiberius Caesar

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Alia

• Grammar Nazi
  • Patricians
  • Cives
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the line on censorship?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 06:24:33 pm »
Actually by the rules of PC, no matter what, the first one is fine. I understand that this is a PC forum with PC rules, and I can respect them.

If I can do it, anyone can do it.

In fact, I think you erred when you sided with me in the conflict with Sandy. If you read the terms of service, they clearly don't want anything "hateful" and even mentioning that a member of a protected minority could do something heinous is clearly hateful.

Giuliano Taverna

• Dominus et deus
  • Cives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 08:58:25 pm »
On my forum, everyone including Nazi's are protected minorities.
"It is the duty of a good shepherd to shear his sheep, not to skin them." Tiberius Caesar

Alia

• Grammar Nazi
  • Patricians
  • Cives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 11:45:07 pm »
On my forum, everyone including Nazi's are protected minorities.

That's insane. Then everything and anything is censored. Nothing and nobody can be spoken against; we can have a nice little Lollipop Land of everyone politely declining to point out anything negative about anything. Degeneracy follows.

No, I despise the immunity blanket and I don't want one, ever. If there are flaws and shortcomings, I invite any attack. If the attack is Reason-founded, I welcome it to hone and revise my views. If it is not, I welcome it to strengthen them. And as far as I know I'm the only Nazi here.